Aditi represents a broad range of clients in chapter 7 and chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, receiverships, and out-of-court restructurings.
Aditi previously worked as a litigation associate in the New York office of White & Case LLP, representing parties in complex chapter 11 cases, and as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Western District of Washington, where she represented the United States and its agencies in a variety of bankruptcy and other civil matters.
Additional Attorney Information
Bush Kornfeld represented a health care center that provided proton radiation out-patient treatment to cancer patients. The company successfully negotiated a prepackaged Plan of Reorganization to restructure its more than $125 million of secured debt, as well as the Center’s critical vendor liabilities. The Plan provided for a refinance of the obligations through issuance of bonds, and the Plan was confirmed 21 days after commencement of the Chapter 11 case.
Bush Kornfeld represented the Chapter 7 trustee in Anchorage, Alaska, negotiating a $1,500,000 settlement from the debtor’s former principal for distribution to creditors.
Bush Kornfeld represented affiliated commercial debtors in a successful confirmation process and in opposing an appeal to the Ninth Circuit by United States Trustee, who had objected to confirmation of the debtors’ chapter 11 plan in which one of the debtors’ tenants operated a marijuana business.
Bush Kornfeld represented Chapter 11 representation of individual in personal Chapter 11 case that was consolidated with pending Chapter 11 of wholly owned LLC. The individual additionally owned interests in 26 separate LLCs, as well as substantial directly-owned commercial real estate holdings. Successfully confirmed Plan of Reorganization that restructured the direct and indirect liabilities to 11 lenders.
Bush Kornfeld represented Coastal Community Bank in litigation defense of a protracted and complex avoidance action in Chapter 11 of loan obligor, resulting in a ultimate settlement approved by the Court.
Representation of Chapter 7 trustee in the liquidation of a large and complex non-judicial foreclosure business. Represent the trustee in liquidating the debtor’s assets and determining the ownership for millions of dollars of sales proceeds.
Representation of Chapter 7 trustee in the liquidation of a large and complex consumer foreclosure law firm. Represent the trustee in liquidating the debtor’s assets, determining the ownership for millions of dollars of sales proceeds, and recouping preference and voidable transfers.
Education & Bar Memberships
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and International Studies, University of Washington, 2005
- Juris Doctor, University of Chicago Law School, 2009
- Washington State Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Admitted to Practice in Western and Eastern Districts of Washington; Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Central Districts of California; Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Presentations & Awards
- Commercial Law Developments in 2018, Western District of Washington Bench Bar
- The New Small Business Chapter 11 Act, King County Bar Association, January 2020, and Washington State Bar Association, February 2020.
- King County Bar Association, Creditor-Debtor Section
- Federal Bar Association, Creditor-Debtor Section
- Board Member - Consumer Education and Training Services (CENTS)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association - TMA NOW Committee Member
- King County Bar Association Debt Clinic
- Coach - Garfield High School YMCA Mock Trial