Lesley Bohleber’s practice focuses on commercial bankruptcies, out-of-court restructurings, and state court receiverships. She represents receivers and companies in an array of sectors, including commercial real estate, restaurants, healthcare, and manufacturing.
Before joining Bush Kornfeld in 2020, Lesley primarily represented secured creditors and mortgage servicers in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy cases, as well as adversarial proceedings. Her practice spanned across multiple states, including Washington, Idaho, Illinois, Oregon, and Utah.
In her litigation practice, Lesley defended mortgage servicers and investors against alleged violations of Chapter 11 Plan and Confirmation Orders, RESPA (Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act), FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act), and the Washington Deed of Trust Act. Her comprehensive knowledge and litigation skills have made her a formidable advocate for her clients.
An Illinois native, Lesley’s legal career began in Chicago, where she counseled and advocated for consumer debtors in Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcies in the Northern District of Illinois.
Additional Attorney Information
Education & Bar Memberships
- Juris Doctor, Southern Illinois University School of Law, 2011
- Associate Editor, Journal of Legal Medicine
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, magna cum laude, Illinois State University, 2009
Licensed in Illinois (2012, inactive); Washington (2015), Idaho (2017), Utah (2017), Oregon (2018), and Arizona (2018, inactive) and the United States District Courts for the following districts:
- Western District of Washington
- Eastern District of Washington
- District of Idaho
- District of Utah
- District of Oregon
- Northern District of Illinois
- District of Arizona
Presentations & Publications
- Washington State Bar Association, Creditor Debtor Rights Section
- King County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law Section
- Board Member for Turnaround Management Association Northwest Chapter